NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY
Every election, millions of Americans don’t vote because they forget to register or miss their state’s voter registration deadline.
This year, we’re calling their bluff.
Join us for a day of action and awareness as we celebrate the fourth annual National Voter Registration Day. We are partnering with hundreds of volunteers, artists, organizations, campuses, and even elected officials from all over the country to register voters before the 2016 elections.
But we can’t do it without you. Will you help us make National Voter Registration Day the biggest holiday of 2016?
We’re making some noise in September and we need your voice! Sign up to get action alerts and help us build momentum around NVRD
Celebrate NVRD in your classroom, community, or campus.
Your organization can help too!
This year, National Voter Registration Day is September 27, 2016 and hundreds of events are being planned across the nation. This page features a directory of all planned events so that future voters and those interested in volunteering can find local events near them. This page is also for partners to add their events to our National Voter Registration Day directory.
ABOUT NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY
In 2008, 6 million Americans didn’t vote because they missed a registration deadline or didn’t know how to register. In 2016, we want to make sure no one is left out. On September 27, 2016, volunteers, celebrities, and organizations from all over the country will “hit the streets” for National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities–allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters who we could not reach otherwise.
What It Means
- Volunteers at transportation hubs, retail stores, sporting events, and concerts.
- Technology to help eligible voters ﬁnd registration drives nearby and register to vote online.
- A network of grassroots, local organizations engaged in their own communities.
- Tens of thousands of voters registering to vote online and ofﬂine in a single day.
What It Will Accomplish
- Register Voters: A network of a thousand organizations operating on the ground and through social media will register tens of thousands of voters in the ﬁeld and tens of thousands more online while also receiving pledges to vote from those already registered.
- Mobilize Volunteers: By partnering with nonproﬁts not usually engaged in voter registration drives, and amplifying existing drives through event-based recruitment and cultural outreach, National Voter Registration Day will bring together thousands of volunteers across the nation to register voters.
- Educate Eligible Voters: Millions of voters need to register and re-register every year. By utilizing new technology and leveraging partners, we’ll educate more Americans than ever before, bringing new voters into the fold.
- Change the Conversation: National Voter Registration Day will be an opportunity to put our differences aside and celebrate the rights that unite us as Americans; democracy.
National Voter Registration Day is set for the fourth Tuesday of September by resolution of the National Association of Secretaries of State.
Para preguntas en español sobre su voto y para reportar problemas llame a: 1-888-Ve-Y-Vota (1-888-839-8682)
If you’re a partner or future partner with questions, CLICK HERE
If you’re a member of the press with media inquiries, CLICK HERE